There is more to a dog than come, sit, stay and down. I believe in educating the dog's owners on how to raise and develop the most mentally healthy, happy, relaxed, grounded and stable dog possible. A dog's behavior is based on two things; his/her raw materials (personality, breed, age, sex) and his/her environment. Your home and family are part of that environment. Owners who take on the responsibility of raising and developing their dog will have a happier, more content pet. Using a positive approach to motivate your dog with enthusiasm and respect — not fear, meeting your dog's basic needs, providing opportunities for social development, and maintaining a positive, clearly defined relationship with your dog will result in a well-behaved dog. Your dog might even become the happiest, most well-adjusted member of your family.
Educate the owner about:
- How to see the world through your dog's eyes
- What motivates your dog's behavior
- Why it is crucial to socialize your dog
- How to set your dog up to win
- How to become your dog's mentor (pack-leader)
- How to gain a rewarding relationship between you and your dog
- How to integrate your dog into your family
My goal is to create and maintain peace and harmony in your home.
Hands-on training for:
- Obedience commands (come, sit, stay, down, etc.)
- House manners and housebreaking
- Leash control (no pulling, no lunging)
- Off-leash and boundary training
- Additional commands ( I suggest as many as 25)
- Modifying specific behavior problems
The training and education program includes:
- Owner, pet and family behavior modification
- Innovative uses of psychology and philosophy
- Hands-on application of training techniques
- Puppy parties to develop social skills
- Reducing aggressive tendencies or problems, phobias, anxiety and other behavioral issues.
This program is intended for:
- All breeds from 7 weeks to seniors
- Adopted rescue/shelter dogs
- Aggressive dogs
- Pet Therapy dogs
Sessions are private and can be taught in your home, at our location in Redondo Beach, or on location (The Strand, Dog Parks, Place of business, etc.). Options are available for long distance clients, please call for details.